Wednesday 6 June 2012

Looking For A Job Or A Career? I Got What You Need!!



         
Looking for a job or a career? Are you super duper involved in extracurricular activities? 

         York has many services and tools to help you find jobs, careers, and internships that you're interested in. York's Career Centre has professional staff that will assist you in building your resume, developing your personal skills and gaining life experience. You might even get a free lunch out of it! The Career Centre offers the TASTE (Take A Student To Eat) program which connects successful alumni with current students. They have many different internship programs which are extremely beneficial for gaining practical and real life work experience. They also have many, many, many, jobs on campus and off campus. Don't believe me? Check it yourself at http://www.yorku.ca/careers/index.htm. Once your upload your resume and cover letter, the website will list available jobs/careers and all you have to do is click submit on the side to apply to them. They also have many career and professional fairs to help students find work. One of my friends went to one and got hired on the spot. Shes been working for that company for over a year and is making really good money. The Career Centre also has personalized sessions that can help you discover a long list of potential careers and even try to match careers with your degree and interests. 

         The Career Centre will assist you in finding on campus jobs and the service is completely FREE for York students. During the year, I worked 15 hours a week in an administrative office on campus. It was awesome! My bosses were so cool and very down to earth. They really appreciated the challenging circumstances that students face and were really supportive to me in every way they could. They would delegate tasks each day and then during free time I was allowed to work on essays, assignments, check my emails, and do work for my College Council. The hours were very flexible and I never had to work during the exam period and could easily take days off when I necessary. IT WAS AMAZING! Definitely check out the on campus jobs. Before I worked on campus, I worked for a home improvement company and it was VERY PHYSICALLY DEMANDING and not very flexible. I'm super happy that I got an on campus job and I'm not still lifting bricks and pushing buggies. I'm sure many students are currently in that position. If you want a tip for getting on job on campus, its get involved in extracurricular activities! Its a lot easier to get a job when you know the person hiring and they know your more than qualified for the job because they have worked with you in the past.


         A great tool to help you prove your extracurricular activities and your life experience to future employers is the co-curricular record which can be accessed at yuconnect.yorku.ca. The co-curricular record is an official document from York University stating all your extracurricular activity on campus. The record includes: the clubs/organisations you were apart of; the number of hours that you volunteered; your position within the club; and finally the YorkU logo. The co-curricular record will assist you legitimising your record of involvement to future employers and help you get an awesome job.   

         Take advantage of all of York's free services, they just might help you get your dream job one day. All the resources are here for you to succeed and all you gotta do is try.

- Mike 

8 comments:

After surfing York University I am feeling quiet confident because it helps me realize where should I proof myself. I am searching for a job at Jobs In South Africa of my own genre.
Thanks and Regards.

The brand is a living person, not a personality will never be remember, you must look very special, they will be interested to pay attention to you, you don't make of yourself like a cup of water and let other people a see through.
Bollywood saree

Such a good blog to the network environment is difficult to find a . In your blog , you can learn a lot of meaningful knowledge , and benefit from. Some valuable information can also be collected from your article that these be of great help to me . Thank you for your wonderful sharing .
Bridal Salwar Kameez

"There is no question that instantaneous water heaters are good options to trust in terms of their water heating services. However, you need to know that not all kinds of this water heater will work best for you. "
nehru suit

Really your post is really very good and I appreciate it. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it. You write very well which is amazing. I really impressed by your post.
salwar kameez

new sherwani designs
I like this blog so much. I have liked it so much that I have saved it to my bookmarks.

Of course. thanks a lot for all the help then. This is really amazing.
designer sarees indian

I appreciate the work of all people who share information with others. Great Blog!
Buy modern furniture online

Post a Comment