Tuesday 3 July 2012

York's Red Zone! Best Job on Campus!

Why I have the best job on campus:

1. Staff. I most definitely work with the coolest people on campus. Hands down! Catherine, Director of Student Community and Leadership Development, and I often debate about who has the best job on campus but shes definitely wrong. I get to work with Red Zone Ambassadors, YorkisU Ambassadors, crazy Orientation Chairs, College Council Presidents, Jair, and SCLD students/staff. I have the most interesting and creative coworkers in Canada and most likely the world. They are hilarious!! My co-workers make this job special and fun everyday. 

 2. Atmosphere. Some jobs have a very poisonous atmosphere and make you dread going into work. But not York's Red Zone! This place is amazing and fun! We play games during work such as randomly dancing behind people or incorporating the most random words into our daily vocabulary. We also make Youtube videos such as the YorkU Call Me Maybe video and a Red Zone bootcamp video. We have WAY TOO MUCH FUN EVERYDAY! Everyone is also very open minded and willing to learn new things which is very comforting. My boss appreciates my thoughts and opinions which doesn't always happen in most jobs. 

3. Pay and Flexibility. All students at York get paid more than minimum wage and during the summer I'm working 30 hours/week. My job is also very flexible around booking days off and leaving a bit early for summer school. My bosses (Lindsey and Monika) are the nicest, coolest, fun, people ever! They are very helpful and understanding. 

4. Better than any other job that I've had. I used to flip burgers for my first job and clean dishes. For my second job, I had to load couches, fridges, and mattresses into cars/vans (thats right, I said cars). For my last job, I had to push buggies and load bricks, concrete, doors, appliances, wood, and steel into cars/vans. I'd have to do this in the middle of the freezing winter and during the boiling summer. Thats why I appreciate working in the Red Zone the most. 


- Mike   


1 comments:

I definitely agree Mike! Best job EVER!! Thanks for the awesome shoot outs! That is very nice to hear! I couldn't ask for a better co-worker! :)

Post a Comment