Thursday 19 July 2012

WORK, WORK, WORK....STOP, ITS HAMMER TIME!

Stressed? All you do is work right? Work on essays, work on assignments, work on relationships, work on council/club activities, work on house choirs, etc. Your living in the moment which is great but sometimes you just need a break. Especially while your still young and don't have kids. But you cant stop, you have too much work to do. That's true but guess what? YOUR ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE TOO MUCH WORK TO DO or too many email to reply to, it never ends. So you might as well just take a break.  

Its very important to take breaks and vacations during university. For example, I just came back from Niagara Falls which was a great little getta way from my busy schedule. I got to sleep, relax, and enjoy the sights. I was still very busy with two courses, work, family obligations and more but it was the only chance I had to go and I took it. The rest was well needed and it allowed me to refresh before another very busy period. 

Last year, I was President of McLaughlin College Council and was super busy. I was attending meetings, organizing events, managing a team and very busy. I still made time to go to Mexico for a week. Sometimes you just gotta stop and relax or you might have a melt down. You have to put someone else in charge and trust that they will do a good job. At the end of the day, you cant do everything yourself, you need others to assist you. 

So if your stuck at home and you don't have a vacation set up for another few months, there are other people at York that can help you get through stressful periods. York has Counseling and Disability Services If you need someone to talk to but don't know who (THEY ARE FREE). We also have Health Education with S.C.L.D. that can give you some tips for staying physically and mentally fit. Take full advantage of the resources around you!

- Mike

0 comments:

Post a Comment